At Michel & Christen Marine Surveyors, we limit our scope of practice to Loss/Damage Reports as commissioned by Insurers. All reports are a joint effort combining the expertise of both Rex Michel and Jane Christen. Rex Michel works from the Santa Monica, CA field office, and Jane Christen works from the Shelton, WA business office. Michel & Christen Marine Surveyors provide marine expertise to Adjusters.
Michel & Christen Marine Surveyors provide thorough and complete service to the Loss Adjuster. In accordance with the Loss Adjuster's instructions, our report can include:
- Reported circumstances of Loss
- Inspection of damages
- Captioned photos
- Written damage Findings and Recommendations for repair
- Cause of Loss opinion
- Repair estimate review including parts MSRP, flat-rate labor, and depreciation suggestions
- Pre-Loss and Un-repaired Valuations
- Consultation with qualified Experts
Providing Experienced Technical
Assistance to the Marine Industry
Rex Michel has an extensive background and a wealth of experience with:
- Sailboats; racing, cruising, rigging, tuning, maintenance and service.
- Electrical systems; design, installation, maintenance and repair of battery operated (DC) systems, dockpower and generator (AC) systems, and Navtronics.
- Propulsion machinery; O/B, I/O, I/B, Jet, high performance gasoline engines and accessories.
- Shipyard operations; application of coatings, carpentry, and vessel systems installation, maintenance and repair.
Jane Christen has training, background and experience with:
- Commercial fish boats and sport boats; maintenance, gear, operation
- Propulsion machinery
- USCG Documentation, State Registration and research
- Ocean Freight Shipping; cargo
- Large Yachts; construction funding
Both Rex Michel and Jane Christen are Accredited Marine Surveyors, members of the Society of Accredited Marine Surveyors (S.A.M.S.)®, International Association of Marine Investigators (IAMI), American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) and hold membership in SNAME, NFPA, Boat/US Technical Exchange, MIAS and NFPVOA. Both routinely participate in continuing education programs and seminars. Both have provided Expert Testimony. Together, they work to provide the information you need.